Privacy Notice – External stakeholders
The purpose of this notice is to give you information regarding how Kemppi Group Oy, Kemppi Oy, and Kemppi Oy subsidiaries (like Kemppi Sverige Ab, Weldindustry AS, Trafimet Group SpA), including their subsidiaries (later "Kemppi," "we," "us") process personal data of our external stakeholders like customers, suppliers, marketing leads, event participants, media contacts, etc.
The data controller of your personal data is one or several companies within Kemppi, depending on the purpose for which the data is processed. You can find the companies with their contact details behind these links:
If you have any questions related to personal data processing and/or this notice, please contact Kemppi Group Oy, Kempinkatu 1, 15810 Lahti, Finland, tel. +358389911, [email protected]. This is the recommended contact point independent of the Kemppi company you are dealing with.
This Privacy Notice covers the following topics
- Why do we process your personal data?
- What type of data is collected about you?
- Where do we collect your personal data from?
- Who do we share your data with, and may your data be transferred outside the EU or EEA?
- How is your personal data protected, and how long do we process the data?
- Your rights
Why do we process your personal data?
We process your data based on your consent, for the performance of an existing contract, for entering into a contract at your request, for legitimate interests, or for complying with our legal obligations.
Legitimate interest is used as a basis in these cases:
- Passing and receiving your contact details to our partners like dealers, distributors, and service workshops based on your inquiries on the services provided by them
- Collecting contact details by Kemppi's representatives or partners during business interactions from public registers and other publicly available sources
- Usage information of applications provided by Kemppi
We process your data for these purposes:
- Managing and developing Kemppi's relationship with you
- Marketing and communication activities
- Event and meeting registrations and arrangements (e.g., product launches, training)
- Quote, order, and invoice handling
- Customer service
- Managing applications provided by Kemppi (e.g., security, capacity, access rights)
We profile you based on the relationship you have with us - e.g., dealer, supplier, consumer -, the interest information acquired through cookies, and based on the registrations you've done into our systems like warranty registration or user account registration. The profiling information is used for targeting communication and may be used in automated marketing activities.
What type of data is collected about you?
For the purposes listed above, we may process the following personal data
- Your contact details
- The company you represent, and your title and role in it
- Classification of your relationship with Kemppi (e.g., lead, customer, supplier, subcontractor, media contact)
- Direct marketing permissions and/or prohibitions
- Participation history in the events and meetings (e.g., product launches, training) organized by Kemppi
- Possible areas of interest related to Kemppi's offering
- Login credentials and possible usage log of Kemppi-provided applications
- Quote, order, and invoice history
- Warranty, product, and service registrations
- Pictures and videos that were taken at Kemppi events
- Dietary restrictions and special needs concerning a specific event and meeting arrangement
- Your answers to our customer surveys, the feedback you provide, and the questions and service requests you send
- Your activities on Kemppi websites, including visited pages, duration spent on the pages, incomplete webshop orders, etc.
Where do we collect your personal data from?
We collect your personal data in several different ways
- Provided by you in various methods
- Provided by other contacts in your company
- Provided by Kemppi partners like dealers, distributors, and service workshops
- Automatically by cookies when visiting Kemppi web pages according to your cookie settings
- Collected by Kemppi's representatives or partners during business interactions, from public registers and other publicly available sources
- Based on your usage applications provided by Kemppi
Who do we share your data with, and may your data be transferred outside the EU or EEA?
Your personal data may be shared between the Kemppi companies to be used for the purposes defined in this Privacy Notice if necessary due to the division of tasks within Kemppi.
In case you are looking for services provided by Kemppi partners, like dealers, distributors, or service workshops, we may share your contact information with the partner(s) that seem suitable for your need.
The processing of personal data is partly outsourced to service providers. This outsourcing ranges from purchasing server capacity to using services requiring the service provider actually see your personal data. Each service provider may process personal data only to the extent necessary for the provision of the service in question.
Depending on your cookie approvals on our websites, your personal data can be transferred to the third parties listed in the cookie approval form.
How is your personal data protected, and how long do we process the data?
Appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures are used to protect your data from unauthorized access, modification, removal, or any other type of processing. Access to personal data is limited according to the data processor's work role and tasks.
We also use contractual means to protect your data when it is shared between companies. With the Kemppi companies outside the EU/EEA area, there is an EU Standard Contractual Clauses agreement in place. If the partner/service provider is outside the EU/EEA area we share your information only if the country of the partner/service provider is accepted by the EU Commission as having an adequate level of data protection, or if we have made an EU Standard Contractual Clauses agreement with the partner/service provider. Also with parties within the EU/EEA area, we have data processing agreements in place when needed.
In this privacy notice, we have listed several different purposes for using your personal data. The timeline for processing your data can range from very short to several years, depending on the purpose. For example, dietary restrictions and special needs for event and meeting arrangements are kept only until the end of the event, and on the other hand, personal data appearing on invoices is kept for several years due to accounting regulations. We regularly assess the need for keeping the existing personal data and remove the data that is no longer valid for the purposes listed in this privacy notice.
If you wish to receive more information on the processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at [email protected]
Right to obtain information on the processing of personal data
Right of access
You have the right to know whether or not we are processing personal data that concern you. If we are, you have the right to obtain a copy of this data.
Right to rectification, erasure, and restriction of processing
If the personal data we are processing is inaccurate, you can request us to rectify such data that concerns you.
You can request us to erase personal data that concerns you. However, we shall not erase your personal data if the processing is still necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or if there are other compelling legitimate grounds for continuing the processing.
Notice that if you have given your consent on pictures and videos, and these have been shared, e.g., on social media, they can be erased only from channels controlled by Kemppi.
If you consider the data that we are processing to be inaccurate or the processing to be unlawful, or you have objected to the processing of your data, you can request us to restrict the processing of your data. In such cases, we are only allowed to process your data with your consent or if we need the data for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
If we rectify, erase or restrict the processing of data on the basis of your request, we are obligated to notify all parties to whom we have previously disclosed your data of the rectification, erasure, or restriction where viable.
Right to withdraw consent
When the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us. You can exercise this right at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation. After this, we may not continue processing your personal data except for compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the data protection regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You may lodge your complaint in the EU member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
This privacy notice was last updated on 22 July 2022.